Spicy Gluten Free Fruit Loaf with Natural Evolution Foods Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour (Banana Flour)
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup or other liquid sweetener (coconut nectar, maple, honey, agave)
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 ½ cups Natural Evolution Ultimate Gluten Free Banana Flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 7 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups dried fruit
- Grease your loaf pan.
- Mix golden syrup and yeast into the warm water and set aside for 5-15 minutes (it will need longer in cooler seasons) It will begin to look foamy as the yeast starts working.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, apple cider vinegar, oil or butter (melted but not hot).
- In a food processor add Banana Flour, flaxseed, psyllium husk, baking powder, mixed spice andsalt). Mix briefly to combine.
- Add the egg mix and the yeast mix to the dry ingredients and blend to combine well. The mixture will look like a thick batter.
- Remove the blade and stir in the dried fruit by hand.
- Put mixture into your loaf pan and smooth the top with a wet spatula or fingers. Place in a warm area to rise for about 30 – 40 minutes. If it is cold you can put it in the hot water cupboard or microwave a wet tea towel for about a minute, then put the loaf pan inside the microwave and close the door. The warm, humid environment can help the bread rise.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Once the loaf has risen to the top or just above the top of the dish, bake for 45 minutes.
Once cooked, let cool in dish for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- Paleo ✓ (use coconut oil)
- Raw X
- Vegan X
- Vegetarian ✓
- Low FODMAP ✓ (use coconut nectar or brown rice syrup)
- Refined Sugar Free ✓ (use honey, maple, brown rice, agave)
- Gluten Free ✓
- Nut Free ✓
- Soy Free ✓
- Dairy Free ✓ (use coconut oil)
- Egg Free X
- AIP X